African Child Care Foundation (ACCF) is a non-profit organization founded in 2007. The organization is committed to bring the best out of African children who have been abused or abandoned; orphaned by HIV/AIDS pandemic. Today there are over 32 million children living on the streets in Africa. Children without home, food, healthcare, education and family to give them love.
Since its inception, ACCF has initiated and executed a number of programs/projects to improve the lives of suffering and dying African children with great focus on neglected areas of South Eastern Nigeria. The organization engages in various humanitarian activities to increase funding and ensure it is spent effectively so that all children have the health care, legal rights, education, food and protection they need to grow up safely and healthy. Through our programs the children are able to achieve self-reliance and livelihood security, ultimately reaching their full potential.
African Child Care Foundation operates with the following aims:
1. To provide a platform for educational empowerment, especially the underprivileged children in rural communities of Africa, and with special focus to significantly raise literacy levels of less privileged children.
2. To give vulnerable children/orphans in Africa hope for a better future through programs that encourage alleviation of poverty and eradication of diseases, providing basic health services, protecting and helping children achieve their full potential in life.
3. To engage in various humanitarian works/activities in order to improve the quality of life for disadvantaged children and orphans through provision of nutritious food, medicines, clean water, psychosocial support and safe living conditions/home.
4. To protect and promote the rights of less privileged children in Africa, ensuring that they are free from commercial sexual exploitation, trafficking, child labour which vulnerable children are susceptible to in their dilapidated environment.
5. To strengthen families living in extreme poverty by offering them knowledge and skills they need to increase their income in a sustainable manner so they can cater for themselves and their children.
6. To promote cultural activities nationally and internationally in order to facilitate and establish integration among children with different ethnic backgrounds.
7. To catalyze a global partnership to make resources available to achieve these goals.